Thursday, June 4, 2009

So very sorry.

I am very sorry for not writing more often, unfortunately we have not had internet for a little over 3 months and just recently have received internet. We have also been very busy with moving into our new home and I am finishing up kindergarten with Joshua, some days that is all I do, but I love teaching him and I love being a mommy.
Our house is coming along we have everything unpacked, but we just do not have a lot of things to put our belongings in or on, so we are having many things built, lucky us, it is amazing you can design your own furniture, I love it.
I am adjusting very well to Africa I love it. I do miss one thing, the convenience of all of the coffee places, but I do not drink a lot of coffee in Togo, because I am so stink-en hot. The heat has been another issue for me, I do not like to sweat, so when I see my arm's sweating my body temp rises about 10 degrees, heeeeee. I am adjusting, I keep telling myself don't sweat it. Cooking is coming along, I had it a little hard at the beginning, but I am doing fine, I have no complaints, maybe everyone else does but not me.
We have a hotel in town that has a pool, and for 2 dollars you can go all day and play in the pool, well I have never gone all day but I have gone for a few hours with Joshua, and I just sit in the pool, it is wonderful, I am cool I love this feeling.
The other day I was having a really bad day, I was not wanting to live in Africa anymore. The advent's of the day went like this. Jesse asked me to cut his hair, well we have to do this outside because we have to run the clippers on a generator. While I was cutting his hair I had sweat running down my back, the hair was sticking to my arms because my arms were sweating, and I had mosquitoes biting my ankles, and flies buzzing around my face and body. I was not in a very good mood as you could imagine. I had many things that I needed to do, unpacking basically. Well, I had had enough I had been unpacking all week and I was done, but did not know what to do about it, I was so hot and did not want to be in Africa, so what do you do? you go take a 20 min COLD shower, it felt great. After the shower my friend called and I asked her if she wanted to do something, we both were having a horrible day so we decided to go on a safari. What a great idea right, we had a wonderful time, and we felt like we had escaped Africa and unpacking for just a little time. We felt revived after that, and I have not had any problems since. Thank you Lord for a wonderful friend and for your wonderful creation.
Well this is a very long post and very different, I do apologize. I hope you see a glimpse of my life in Africa.
Highlight of today - I got my shower curtain hung up, it looks great.

No comments: