Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bible Time with the kids


This past Saturday I started with some friends a Bible Time with the kids in my neighborhood. Last week I told a few kids, but I knew that the news would spread, I told them that it would start at 10:00 am, at 9:00 they came to the door knocking asking if it was time to start, they were very excited about the Bible time, and so was I. When we started singing they came out of the wood work. We had between 25-30 kids and one dog and some adults, it was wonderful. The wife of one of the Pastors taught the lesson on creation, we had so much fun. We are looking forward to doing this Saturday, and continuing to do it every Saturday. If you would like to help with providing candy, that would be a blessing. Just e-mail me and we can talk about where to send them. In every bunch of kids you will have a trouble maker, well I have one, but for some reason, all he wants to do is to sit next to me, please pray that God will make a difference in his life, that we will see Him know Christ as his personal Savior.
Please pray that God would give the right words to the teacher and that the children and the adults in our area would see a difference in our lives, and just see Jesus.
Also please pray for Ester she lives across the road from me, I am becoming good friends with her and her little girl came on Saturday, please pray that the door will remain open, she is Catholic so please pray that she will realize as I talk to her that she needs a Savior. Also I have a friend in the Market that is Muslim, we have become friends, please pray that Yvette and I (Yvette is my house help and friend) will be able to speak with her about the gospel. I do not know how to spell her name.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I LOVE that you are keeping up on your blog and sharing what the Lord is doing! I miss you and I am soooo proud of you! I'll be praying for your neighbor and yavett! How exciting about your Bible time with the kids...I love this picture and it is just darling to see joshua's little white face in the sea of black. Just BEAUTIFUL!!! xoxo