Sunday, October 25, 2009

Raining sweet potatoes


This past Thursday, I was walking to the market and I saw a lady that I know from a church so I sat down to talk with her. She asked how I was and my family, and after a few minutes she asked me if I wanted to buy some food that she was selling. The only problem was that I did not like what she was selling. I told her on my way back from the market that I would buy some of her food for a friend at our house.

While there at the market I bought a few things and I wanted some sweet potatoes, but without thinking I used all my money buying the sweet potatoes. The lady that sold me the potatoes gave some extra. While I was walking back from the market I realized what I had done; I had no money to buy the food from my friend, so I immediately thought of the sweet potatoes. I explained to my friend the situation and told her that I wanted to give her a gift and gave her some sweet potatoes. She was so happy to receive them, she was so thankful, and I was happy to give them.

On Saturday I met a girl walking down our street I found out she lives next to us and that she sells sweet potatoes. I was able to buy a very large amount of potatoes for less than a dollar. We had a guy working for us that day who's family does not have a lot of money, so we gave him some sweet potatoes. He also was so thankful and I was very glad to give them to him.

Then on Sunday at church the pastor's son gave gave us a bag of sweet potatoes for a gift. What a blessing! Then when we got home one of our night guards came with a big bag. Jesse told me that his family gave us sweet potatoes and peanuts.

As I was walking into the house I realized what was happening, I stopped and thanked the Lord for what He was doing. He was providing food for our family, and using us to provide food for other people. I want to praise the Lord for everything even down to the last sweet potato, I felt like it was raining sweet potatoes today.

I have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

That is such a cool story, Tiffany! Thanks for sharing it.. love reading your blog!

~Maddy