Friday, October 9, 2009

New flip flops, and a new friend

Today I was outside our gate talking to a neighbor, and I saw some children coming down the road, I knew the children and were excited to talk to them. One little boy I saw was carrying his shoes, but he only had one in his hands so I went to look for the other one on the path and found it. I was helping him put them on and noticed they would nor could not fit on his feet, I felt so bad I thought of how many pairs of flip flops and shoes I have in my house. My friend asked him if he has any other shoes at his house he said no. I thought to my self what am I going to do now, I then remembered that a lady next door to us sells things outside of her door, I asked her if she had children's flip flops and she did. For just a few cents I was able to put shoes on this little boys feet and gain a new friend my next door neighbor. We have spoken to her before but I believe this has opened a new door, I believe she is Catholic. I will get her name soon to put it on the blog so you can be praying for her.

No comments: