Friday, August 7, 2009

Water at our house is better.

As I was trying to prepare dinner, I heard a knock on the door, it was our gardener he was asking if it was okay to give someone some water that asking for water, I said of coarse give him some water. I asked him before I gave him the bottle who it was that was asking he said it is the man from across the street, okay let me stop right now and give you some history.

I met this man a few months ago he lives across the street in a little one room house, it is very similar to a duplex. He asked me why we hired other people to be our guards, when we have people right across the street that could guard for you, at that moment I smelled the alcohol on his breath, okay no point in talking to this man he is drunk. Since our greeting he has asked just me for work 5 times, he has asked our gardener Honoré many many times, matter fact every time he sees Honoré he asks for work.
Okay now you know the history of this little friend of ours.
Back to the story, I found out this is the man who was asking for water, the only problem is he has access to a well, I told Honoré I do not understand why he needs our water, I know his well is not dry we are in the rainy season. Honoré started laughing, I told him to find out why he wants our water. I found out later he wanted our water because it will make him stronger, because he has bad water, Honoré and I had a great laugh on this one, what is this man thinking, I told Honoré this is the last time if he wants clean water he needs to boil his water for ten min before he drinks it, that will clean his water. I asked Honoré if he smelled alcohol on him, he said yes, so our little drunk friend across the street thinks we have the greatest water in town. So I wanted everyone to know we have water that will make you strong. Haaaaaaa come to Togo and get strong.

No comments: