Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lunch with our neighbors.

A few weeks back, I went to say hi to some neighbors, it was not the first time that I had talked with them, but they asked me to eat with them, I accepted and ate pot and sauce and beans, it was wonderful, I enjoyed my time spent with the ladies. The two ladies that I am speaking of are Mama Romeo and Mama Christian, Mama Christian is Catholic and Mama Romeo says she is Baptist, but I am not sure if she is saved or not. Please be praying for them both and families.

About a week ago I invited the two families to come and eat with us during the noon meal, yesterday at 1:00 they came all dressed up, it was wonderful, we ate spaghetti under our gazebo and had a great time. They ate tons of food and tons of bread, after lunch I served the ladies some hot tea because it was a cool day, they loved the sugar and milk that I gave them for the tea, they never buy liquid milk so they were really excited when they saw that.

Please pray for these ladies to see Christ in my life and that they would be willing to hear the gospel and become children of God. Also please pray that the Lord will give me more opportunities to share the Love of Christ with these wonderful people around me.

A funny story: after we finished our lunch everyone left accept the two ladies and some children. The ladies and I were talking when I saw one of the little girls start descending the stairs of the gazebo pulling her panties down, I know what that means she is going to go pee-pee in our yard, I could not stop her, neither could the ladies, they had a frantic look on their faces and I just told them ça va (no problem do not worry about it) I just laughed it off, it is not everyday that you have a little girl pee-pee right by the steps of your house. Life in Africa is great. I did clean it up just to let you know, thank you Lord it was just pee-pee.

No comments: