Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Twin babies with out a mommy.

While in the pharmacy the other day I saw a older lady with a baby on her back, only the lady was to old to have a baby, I was talking to her and she told me the mommy died after she gave birth to the baby, and that they are staying at sos the hospital in Kara, I said good bye and left, I thought of the baby a few times during the week.
When Jesse had Malaria we went to have him tested to see if he had it and I saw the same lady at sos hospital, I asked her how the baby was doing and she said come with me and you can see her, but to my amazement when I arrived I saw two babies laying on the bed, the mom had twins one boy and one girl, my heart dropped I could not believe two babies have lost there momma.
I returned to the hospital yesterday to hold the babies, I was able to hold the little boy and Heidi a missionary friend was able to hold the little girl, Beni the boy was smiling at me every time I talked to him, I was loving it. I was able to meet the father of the little twins, he also has a little boy who is 5 years old, I asked the father how he was doing and he said he continues to ask about his mother, and he tells him she went to the village, I am not sure if that is what they tell children if a parent dies, the little boy snuggled right up to Heidi, you could tell he needed some loving on. Please be praying for the father and the twins and this little boy who does not have his mother anymore. The fathers name is Etienne.

No comments: