Saturday, May 13, 2017

A little friend at the market





I was walking through the market one day and I came across a little girl strapped into a chair. The reason why she was strapped in was because she is handicapped. The thing that struck me about little Esther is that she was so happy. The minute you start talking to her she starts smiling at you. Not a small smile; its a huge, contagious kind. I am blessed to know little Esther and her mom.

In Togo and many places in the world people who have handicaps are unfortunately not always looked after the way they should be. When I saw Esther's mom sitting on the ground with her, feeding her and cleaning her, my heart sang. It was and is obvious she loves her daughter, handicap and all. I could not imagine the difficulties she faces here in Togo, but it makes me smile every time I see little Esther sitting in the chair happy as can be, and seeing her mom with a heart full of love for her. I am so blessed to know little Esther and to be able to see that beautiful smile and talk with her.













2 comments:

jademarine said...

My prescious nephew Osee was also handicapped in the worlds eyes. But, he had a smile for everyone and made everyone match his smile.
Gone to be with Jesus he now has a whole body.

Tiffany Shanks said...

It's amazing what a smile can do to another person. We are so blessed to have or had people in our lives who show us how to truly smile and share joy with others.