Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bones

We have a neighbor across the street that is retired and who wanders the street because he has nothing to do. Every time he would see us he would ask if we had any work for him to do. We continued to tell him we will let you know if we have any. (Just to let everyone know every week we have people come by asking for work because they need money). One day I had a idea for a job for our little friend. We have a trash mound at the end of our street from all of our neighbors, I asked Jesse if we could give him the job of taking care of the mound each week to keep it off the road. Turned out to be a great thing, no more trash, it gives the man something to do and he keeps the whole road clean, and provides money for him. He is a poor man, but always has a smile on his face, he is so thankful for anything.
Hear in Togo and many other places around the world nothing goes to waste, I never throw out old bread someone will always take it, I never throw out the outside of a pineapple they use it to make medicine, I never throw away chicken bones they will cook them in a sauce and suck the marrow out of them. For dinner other night we had a type of bird it is a guinea fowl it is very yummy, after dinner I put the bones and some meat in a bag with some rice, and brought them over to our little friend. When I told him what it was he bowed almost to the ground and took the bags, he was so thankful for BONES. I have learned many things from this man, he has been a great lesson for our family.
I thank the Lord for His blessings, so that we may help other people.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Little things we take for granted here in the US are so special to others. We waste so much here in the US, don't we? Blessings to you and your family as you minister!

CarolAnn said...

I agree that we take so much for granted (and not just here in the US). Smiles to you, your family and your friends.

Tiffany Shanks. said...

I think you are right CarolAnn it is not just in the US it is all over. I think many people all over the world take these for granted. America is very blessed, but I love my Togo.

Danie said...

I totally agree - we all take so much for granted each and every day, without even taking notice, how much we are blessed.