Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A wonderful time with the ladies

This past Sunday I was given the opportunity to speak to some ladies at our church. I spoke on Genesis and the creation. I had a wonderful time and I pray that the Lord receives the glory for it.

After the meeting ended I told the ladies that I had something special for them. Now, I must explain something first; you must understand that these ladies are poor and the things that they can buy in Togo are usually very poor quality. I had two packages of ladies underwear that I was not going to be using so I gave each of them a pair. When I pulled the packages out of my purse a squeal came out from all of the woman, they were so excited! One of the oldest woman in the church told me she was going to try them on and show me! lol!

How much joy they received by getting just one pair of underwear. I spoke to one of the ladies today and she said she wore them yesterday and she said they fit great and that they are wonderful quality. Another chance to give and a great opportunity to receive joy.

No comments: