Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Little Fernard


This morning some ridiculous birds woke me up around 6:15, but I am very thankful for them because I was awake to hear the door bell ring. At first I thought I am not going to get that it is 6:20, but I decided other wise. As I opened the door to tell whoever it was that us Americans sleep in so please do not come before 7:00, I saw it was my next door neighbor, she had a panic look on her face, she asked if she could talk to me. She began to explain that Fernard has been sick since Sunday and has been having diarrhea and vomiting since Sunday, she said he has not been eating and did not sleep all night last night. When I looked at little Fenard who is 1 1/2 I could not believe how lethargic he was, he could hardly keep his head up and his breathing was very irregular.
I told her I would take her to the hospital, we left about 5 min later.
When we arrived at the hospital it was to early, not everyone had arrived, no one knew what to do, so we found our self going up and down 5 flights of stairs about 5 times, what fun in a very hot hospital. Finally once we told them that he had been sick since Sunday they started to do something. They brought us to a room where we sat for about 45 min until some men came to take his blood. Little Fernard was so dehydrated that they could not get any blood out of him, they continued to prick him and squeeze his arm, the third time they went right into his vein and took the blood. I had to step out side I could not stand it, he was screaming, I could hear it in the hallway. When I was able to go back in the room they had taken enough blood for the analysis. After all of that Fernard just went to sleep and slept for a few hours. They will be receiving the response from the analysis around 2:00. Please be praying for this little ones body to recover quickly.

No comments: