Saturday, December 5, 2009

The hug of a muslim friend

When we first arrived in Kara I met a special woman in the market and quickly became friends with her. Since then I have been trying to cultivate this friendship. I make a point to go talk with her each time I am in the market.
Today when I made a trip to the market she was not at her table. This saddened me because I have not been able to see her for two weeks. I had many things to do so I had to leave. While walking down the road, just next to me were speakers blaring out the daily Muslim prayers. To my right was a Muslim store with many Muslim people standing around. Suddenly I spotted her; my friend was walking down the road with her arms open wide, ready to give me a hug. Do you still have the mental picture I just drew for you? All of those people standing around and here is a Christan walking down the street toward a Muslim lady with her arms open wide ready for a hug. At that moment I thanked the Lord for this opportunity to serve Him and thanked Him for this relationship, and maybe someday I will have the opportunity to show her the true way.

No comments: