Sunday, November 29, 2009

Very sick with Malaria


After arriving home from Accra Jesse said he was not feeling well. When Monday arrived he had a fever and the chills, welcome malaria. He started taking some medicine, but was not able to keep it down. His fever continued to go up and down and he really was not doing well. On Wed he stood up quickly and was starting to walk back to bed, I asked him how he was doing and he said he was very dizzy, at that point he passed out in my arms. It took everything in me to get him to the bed. I don't think I have ever been so scared. After that episode I gave him some new medicine and he began to feel better soon after he started the medicine, by Thursday night he was about 80% better. I had so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
He is 100% better now and I am so thankful, I praise the Lord for his health. Thank you all for your prayers.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I am SOOOOO glad Jesse is doing so much better! I didn't realize it was soooo serious. We have been praying for you all for the last week for good health. I would have been so scared too Tiff. You are such a good wife...I love you! Glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

PS. You are making me want to blog again! ;o)

Tiffany Shanks. said...

Yes it was starting to become very serous, he was very dehydrated and that was causing many problems. You should start blogging again, I would love to read about them.

Tiffany Shanks. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.