Thursday, September 24, 2009

A wonderful welcome and a prayer request.

While driving home last night Jesse and I saw our neighbor, we stopped and I was able to talk to her, she was on her way to sell eggs on the street. While walking home I saw some of the children on our road that have been gone to another village during the school break. I suddenly heard loud screaming and three boys running toward me through the corn field and the mother telling me to come come, what a wonderful welcome, the children want me to stay they never want me to leave, they are precious children especially my Bubble gum boy. 

Please be praying for Momma Romeo she has had malaria for 1 week, I have given her some medicine, but she is very week.  She told me that she can not keep food or water down. Please pray that her body will recover quickly. 

2 comments:

Maddy said...

It's so nice to read your blog. I have several blogs on this blogspot, too.. I've never heard of Togo. Is that the name of the country, or is it the name of the town? I grew up in Dutch New Guinea and know what it's like to live in the jungle. I had malaria twice when I was little. My parents immigrated to the US in 1964, but I still speak Dutch.. It's my native language. I live in Hawaii now.

Tiffany Shanks. said...

Thank you for leaving a comment, we live in Togo, West Africa it is a small country between Benin and Ghana, we live in Kara that is the city that we live in. We have been in Kara for 9 months now and love it.