Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally in Togo

Feb 5th 2009
Today I left with the other missionaries for Togo, I can not wait to see all of the people I have heard so much about. The drive to Lome the capital city of Togo was about a 3 hour drive, it was not bad. When we all arrived at the boarder of Ghana and Togo, we had to walk across the boarder. I felt like it was a bunch of cattle being prodded forward, what a experience.
My feet are finally in Togo, what a wonderful feeling, all of us are going to stay in Lome for a few days and go grocery shopping. This is the place that I will be doing the majority of my shopping, especially for cheese and meat. I thought cheese was expensive in Quebec, it is about 15$ a pound. I think I will not be using a lot of cheese. Does anyone have a good recipe for cheese? Malerie?

1 comment:

fouad the Pharaoh said...

May the Lord lead you and your family to do and fulfill his will and keep you safe, I add my prayers for Togo and to Egypt as well.