Monday, January 24, 2011

What we eat.

This past Friday I was visiting some neighbors and one of my friends was going down to the mill to get her corn ground, so I decided to go with her. As we were walking I started to think about all of the different kinds of meals I make and how we rarely eat the same thing twice in one week.
After that thought I asked my friend how long this bucket of corn would last her. She said about a week if they do not have anything else to eat like rice or fufu. You see, they eat corn for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As I was standing at the little mill I began to realize how fortunate I am. The Lord has given me enough money to buy different vegetables and meats to make wonderful healthy meals for my family.
We are all very blessed in so many ways. But I want to say this, the lady I am speaking of has never complained to me about food, or the lack of it. She is a single mom with four kids who is raising them for God. She says she is blessed beyond measure and that is so true, even while eating corn 3 times a day she is blessed.

No comments: