Friday, June 25, 2010

What a great day.

Today I was able to go across the street and talk to one of our neighbors Mama Miré. I have learned so much from her about the culture. Today, I saw how rice looks when it comes from the field. Just to get the rice out of the shells takes hours. It made me very thankful for the bags of rice that are available to buy in the store. I am so thankful for great neighbors who are willing to sit with you and chat.
I was also able to make pot-stickers with Jesse and Ravioli with Joshua, what a fun day. Also our garden is almost ready, I was able to work in it a little today, I can't wait to pull out a large carrot from the garden. So far we have sweet potatoes planted, pineapples, carrots, and onions. Tomorrow I hope to plant tomatoes, green beans, zucchini and squash. Oh yes we are going to try and plant some peanuts fun fun fun. I will keep you all posted on how those are going.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Sounds wonderful Tiff! Raviolis sound like so much fun to make...I will be looking for a post on your food blog! Hint Hint ;) I miss you guys so much. I wish I could come over and check out that amazing garden you have going on! So proud of you guys! LOVE YOU RM 12:12